ALU, is an international company with over 25 years of experience serving the retail world.
With a philosophy of ethical corporate behavior and product innovation and innovative solutions, ALU continues to develop and shape into a leading force within the retail and design industry by partnering with many leading international retailers and premium brands.
In November 2009, MoMA New York added both the ALU Autopole and Super Clamp (two leading products of ALU Collection) to its permanent design and architecture collection.
Reporting directly to the R&D DIRECTOR, the PROCESS & COST ENGINEER will provide cost estimating services aimed to assist the company in ensuring optimizing the costs involved in the production, by selecting the appropriate manufacturing process and suppliers.
This position will evaluate processes, configure manufacturing system proposals for projects and assists with the optimization of the quoting process and will act as a cost controller.
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
• 2-3 years of experience in a similar role in manufacturing companies;
• Excellent knowledge of 3D CAD (preferably INVENTOR);
• Excellent interpretation of technical designs (representation methodologies, dimensional tolerances, geometric tolerances, roughness symbols, welding symbols etc…);
• In-depth knowledge of the main materials and semi-finished products (steels, aluminum, thermoplastics) and related technological features;
• In-depth knowledge of the main finishing processes (painting, coating, galvanic treatments, etc.);
• Knowledge of the main technologies for sheet and tube processing (laser cutting, bending, welding);
• Knowledge of the main technologies for removal, injection molding and slice/padding;
• Knowledge of assembly;
• Knowledge of quality control instruments and measurements methodologies;
• In-depth knowledge of production processes optimization;
• Fluent in English;
• Proficient with the use of the Suite Office.
The role will be based at ALU HQ in Italy.